- I studied to become a Sport-Psychologist but my life had many twists and turns. I was totally “off-track” for some time but got saved.
- I was the mental coach at the Blue Bulls for an extraordinary successful period of five years (2006 – 2010) when we won the Super 14 three times.
- I am the author of five exciting books of which the first four have been published in both English and Afrikaans. My first book was “Wie Wen – Ek of my kind?” (Winning is for kids… and parents). My second book was “Die geheime van ‘n Kampioen / Secrets of a champion ”. My third book have been released in June 2011 with the title “Wenplan vir die lewe” / “Game Plan for life”. Currently one of the top 3 inspirational sellers in SA! My forth book: “KOELKOP – dink soos ‘n wenner” / MENTALLY TOUGH was released in 2012. My latest book: “Wenplan vir jou kind se lewe” was released in July 2014.
- A new CD in Afrikaans: “Koelkop – 20 sleutels tot die lewe van ‘n kampioen” has been released in October 2014 at CUM.
- Since 2015 I have been the mental coach at the Golden Lions Rugby team and it is an amazing spiritual experience – an adventure I cannot describe!
- I have a private practice as mental coach (Sport Psychologist)
- I perform as a Motivational speaker on various areas of life (parenthood / success-principles in the work-place / management & leadership / marriage / relationships / faith / exercise-principles / team-work / handling stress & frustration / substance abuse etc…)
- I am a Mentor and counsellor
- I am loved by my wife and intrigued by my children – we live in a home filled with love and happiness!
- I serve an Almighty God who has a perfect plan for every one of us!
I studied at the North-West University from 1985 until 1993 and completed my Bachelors degree, a Honors Degree in Psychology, a Honors Degree in Sport Science as well as my Masters degree on the subject of effective leadership of sport-coaches.
- I took part in every sport I could at primary school (rugby, cricket, tennis, swimming, wrestling, athletics, gymnastics, piano, violin).
- I eventually got provincial colors in athletics & tennis but my aim was to become a significant rugby-player (like most of us dreamed of).
- I was blessed to play rugby at provincial and national level:
- I played 76 matches for the former Western-Transvaal from 1987 to 1993.
- I was invited to the Springbok trials in 1992 and selected to play for the SA-Barbarian team.
- I captained the combined Central Unions rugby team as well as the SA Universities team.
- I played for the SA Defense-force team.
- I was captain of the PUKKE (North-West University) for four years.
- Today my wife and I play tennis league and I thoroughly enjoy a great game of golf (play of a 7-handicap).
I started my public speaking career when my my wife and I joined a Multi-Network company in 1994.
As the result of magnificent people speaking into my life I ended my professional career as rugby-player at the age of 28 and started to grow and excel in my calling – as speaker, trainer, mentor and counselor.
I had an indescribable impartation in my life at the age of 32 (at a stage where my marriage were rocky, I was broke, fighting through the rippling effect of our shattered home and looking for answers to a then… miserable life). I found the Lord!
It took time for things to change, but as I changed in my growing relationship with my wife, my family and God – everything started changing.
Today – I preach in churches (although I did not study to become a pastor – everything that happened to me simply equipped me for this calling in my life), I speak to executives & corporate companies, I started working with the Blue Bulls in 2006 and I run my own practice as mental coach (Sport Psychologist). I work with various sports teams, individuals and groups and I truly enjoy an abundant life with my family.